Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Journey

Every day it seems like there is a new decision to make, a new direction that can be taken. Whether it's with who I spend time with, where I work, what career I choose, or whether to sleep in or go to the gym, my decisions everyday are shaping who I am.
It makes me think of Derek in Zoolander when he's looking in the puddle and asks himself..who am I?
Am I going to be the girl who works out all the time? Am I going to be the girl that reads and has alot of depth and knowledge? Am I going to be the girl who lives life vicariously or the girl who sits behind a desk too complacent to chase her real dreams. Am I going to live life through faith that I serve a God bigger than myself or will I shrink back in fear. Am I going to live in my comfort zone or am I going to love and give enough so that I have abandoned my comfort zone and am completely trusting in God to fill me up.
I'm sure it feels like this alot through life but I'm finding that life after college is full of pivotal decisions. Once I take a step in one direction, the road never fails to come to another fork. Really God? Another one?
Last night though I had a revelation. Life is an adventure, I'm so blessed to have options and even more blessed to have a God that loves me, amazing friends and a supportive family. Regardless of which choice I make in life I know God can use me wherever I am. I am called to love him and love others wherever I end up. If I'm walking with God every single day wherever I end up I will be with him and that's all that matters~

No comments:

Post a Comment